Wyoming State & Local Laws
Ignition Interlock Laws
Ignition Interlock Laws
- According to Wyoming ignition interlock laws, the offender will need to install an interlock device in any vehicle that he or she operates in order to regain driving privileges after the license suspension period.
- First-time offenders whose BAC was .15% or higher at the time of arrest will be required to install an ignition interlock device.
- Repeat offenders will automatically be required to install an interlock device regardless of BAC.
- The period of time that the device must remain installed varies depending on the offenders conviction history.
- Second offenses usually trigger a two-year ignition interlock period.
- Third offenses are typically given a three-year ignition interlock period.
- Lifetime suspensions may be given a lifetime interlock device period, but offenders may apply to have the requirement lifted after five years and, if denied, every five years thereafter.
Wyoming DUI Laws state that anyone who is caught driving with a BAC of .08% or higher will be charged with DUI. Upon conviction for DUI, all offenders face license suspension ranging from 90 days to life, fines, and a possible jail sentence.
DUI Penalties and Fees in Wyoming
|1st Offense||Fine: Up to $750
Jail Time: Up to 6 months
Period of License Suspension: 90 days
|2nd Offense||Fine: $250 to $750
Jail Time: 7 days to 6 months
Period of License Suspension: 1 year
|3rd Offense||Fine: $750 to $3,000
Jail Time: 1 to 6 months
Period of License Suspension: 3 years
|4th Offense||Fine: Up to $10,000
Jail Time: Up to 2 years
Period of License Suspension: Up to lifetime
Get Your Suspended Drivers License Reinstated
Our goal is to get you back to the road safely and legally, heres how to get your license back
- Once your driving record has been updated with the conviction, the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) will notify you of the ignition interlock restriction by mail. Ensure your mailing address is updated with the WYDOT Driver Services.
- Fill Out the New Customer Form.
- Get the ignition interlock device installed, please make sure to bring all required documents to your appointment. We will provide you with proof if installation for you to give to the WYDOT.
- File proof of financial responsibility (SR-22 Certificate of Insurance) with the WYDOT.
- Pay $50 reinstatement fee and all other required fees.
- Apply for an IIR restricted drivers license.
- And youre back on the road! Drive confidently knowing your Draeger Interlock is backed by an extensive network of service centers and 24/7 customer support, we are here to help you every step of the way.
- Dont forget we must calibrate and inspect the ignition interlock device regularly to stay compliant with local regulations and ensure your device continues to work properly.
When your restriction period is over, simply contact us to schedule your final service appointment. For more information about ignition interlock restriction information, visit the Department of Transportation website.